Playing around with New Backgrounds and Banners for my blog

Having some fun using the backgrounds and banners from TheCutestBlogonTheBlock.com. I've seen so many cute blogs with backgrounds from this site and thought it was time to give my blog a facelift. Although there are many designs from which to choose, I found it difficult to find something that matched my artwork. Maybe I will use the suggestions on the site to create my own unique background. But, in the meantime, I tried out these 3 backgrounds.

The Earthy Green One.



The Red and Cream One



The Blue and Brown One.


If you are looking for a background for your blog, twitter, myspace, or wordpress sites, definitely check out TCBOTB. So much to choose from....and lots of extra fun accessories to add to your sites as well. Have fun! -kristen

edit: So after trying a few of the pre-made templates above, I decided that I need to customize my own background and banner to better reflect my paintings and other artwork. But, I still highly recommend TCBOTB for fun and playful backgrounds. Plus, there are lots of great tips on the site.

Comments

  1. I like the red and cream one the best..even though the green one is nice..but maybe too much green??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, I actually prefer your existing one! It fits a treat.
    Love Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debra - The 'existing one' is the newest one. :) I took the helpful hints on the TCBOTB website and created my own custom background. I think it fits my artwork better than the others and it's more cheerful than the charcoal color that I had before.

    Thanks for taking a look! -kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog looks GREAT!

    What could make a better background than your own art? Nothing could!

    I love the deep colors you chose, too. :)

    Maybe you could change it seasonally... or as the whim strikes.

    Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristen, I agree with you about using your own custom background.
    Personally, I always think paintings look best on neutrals. It's nice to have a swatch of your own work up too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment