Back from Vacation and Back to Work! September Events.

We had a wonderful trip to Spain and Italy. It was great to get away and relax for a little while. It was amazing to tour the Vatican and view the spectacular art, sculptures, tapestries and more. The history and amount of art contained within the Vatican rooms and hallways were astounding. We spent about 6 hours there and I easily could have spent several more hours admiring the beautiful collections.

I also enjoyed our trips to many of the ancient Roman palaces and buildings. The history and the preservation of the buildings were amazing. It surprised me to see how close modern day businesses were built next to such historic buildings. For some reason, I expected them to be more isolated. But, they were truly in the heart of the city with modern business built right around them. Quite amazing to see as you walk through the streets of Rome.

I took lots of pictures not only of the tourist attractions but also the beautiful countryside and sculptures in city parks.  I am sure the many photos will inspire several new paintings in the near future. The newest works will be added to the blog as they become available.

Now it's back to business as usual and I'll get to updating the blog as time permits.Here's what's coming up for September.



First, I'm excited to be one of the juried artists at the Jenkintown Festival of the Arts. This event is an Art Show, BrewFest and Music Festival taking place from 1 to 5 pm on September 19th in Jenkintown, PA.  If you live nearby, I hope you will consider visiting the event.  It should be a great day. I believe this is the first time that the event has featured the art show. So, I'm looking forward to it.

Next, on September 25th, 2010, I'll be participating in the Friends of Fox Chase Library 2010 Fall Art/Craft Show in Fox Chase, PA in Northeast Philadelphia. The event takes place at Fox Chase Library from 9 am to 3 pm. Hope to see you there.

I will again be offering my 2011 calendars. The format will be the same as last year's calendar. Contact me using the contact link above if you'd like to reserve your copy now. The price is $18.50 with shipping included. Price includes your choice of display holder. Options 1 and 2 will be available for 2011.

More to come in October 2010.

Comments