New paintings and 2012 Fine Art Calendar

The year is going by way too fast.  It seems like only yesterday one of my best friends was getting married.  I told her I would create a painting for her and her husband inspired by colors in their wedding invitation.  I don't know where the time went, but in November they will celebrate their First-Year Anniversary.  If I remember correctly, Emily Post's book of etiquette states that you have one year to present wedding gifts. So, I'm still within my one year time period. So, to celebrate their nuptials and their move to a new home, I created "Wedding Garden" which is done is soft, romantic hues.  I love how it turned out and I hope they do too! A print of this painting is available through my website. Just click on "Prints".

Wedding Garden (c)2011, Kristen Stein, StudioArtworks.com

Another new painting this week is "Enchanted Garden: Birds in Paradise".  I created two colorful birds inspired by the Birds of Paradise flower and set them in a wild and whimsical garden.  Very much a world of pure imagination which is sure to bring a smile to those who see it.  Lots of bright, fun colors in this one.
Enchanted Garden: Birds in Paradise (c) 2011, Kristen Stein, StudioArtworks.com



The original painting is currently available and prints are now available as well. (Click on the Enchanted Garden prints.)

I also added two new tree paintings to my site this week.  I love the golden backgrounds in both of these paintings and I think the blue and green and bright red tones contrast beautifully with the warm rustic backgrounds.  Each is textured to give a worn, weathered look even though each piece is newly created. These would look beautiful in a contemporary home with woods and leather furniture.  


6 Tree Family (c) 2011, Kristen Stein, StudioArtworks.com

Red 3 (c) 2011, Kristen Stein, StudioArtworks.com

Lastly, I created a new 2012 Fine Art Calendar.  "Dreamscapes" features 12 of my digital fusion images which combine my paintings with photography to give a dream-like, fairytale image.  A great way to escape each month with a new image.  All 12 images can be trimmed and framed for your own collection of small format artworks.  Each set comes with a display holder. They are available for a limited time.  Great way to own several images at an affordable price.  They also make great gifts for friends, family or colleagues.


More new items coming soon!

Comments

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!
    I LOVE all of them, but the Wedding Garden is so beautiful!! Your friends will cherish it forever!!
    LOVE the calendar too!!
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Michele on this one! I love them all! And the calendar is gorgeous!! Great job! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment