Large Lace Crochet Covered Ornaments: Newest Pattern Book


The newest pattern book is for lace crochet covers for large 100 mm globes.  These 4” globes are stunning in person and make great gifts.  They also look great displayed on outdoor trees.  I like mixing them with other sized baubles as a centerpiece.  Although, they are perfect for Christmas, you can make them in pastel colors for pretty Easter accents.  Done in white, cream or metallic threads, they make beautiful party or wedding decorations as well.  

You can see how large the globes are in the photos where they are displayed next to standard 60 mm balls. For the six pictured in these photos, I used acrylic 100 mm globes that are sold as "bath bomb" molds.  But, they worked perfectly and were priced cheaper than the equivalently-sized acrylic ornaments.

The glass ones are beautiful, but clearly more fragile.  Most of the glass ones that I have made have a larger hole on top and a metal hanger inserted in them.  That's why I wrote these patterns to allow enough opening to cover the wider-mouth on the glass ornaments.  But, if you want to hang these outdoors, I would recommend the acrylic ones.  I included the acrylic ones that I have used and a couple suggestions for other glass globes below in the "materials link".



My previous book contained instructions for covering the smaller, standard-sized ornaments (60mm).  That book is still available as well. The link is provided below.


Materials used for these ornaments:



Affiliate Disclosure I participant in the Amazon Services Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books & more, and affiliated sites.

Comments